Things To Remember While Writing An Essay About Smoking In Public Places
There are many things to think about when you are writing an essay about smoking in public places. One thing about this particular topic is that it is very volatile and people can be very opinionated. When you are writing an essay about a topic that is very opinionated you must make sure that you have facts and research to back up your opinion. Here are some thing to remember while writing an essay about smoking in public places:
- Understand that people have differing opinions about this topic and you have to choose one side and have facts to back up your side.
- It may be a good idea to include statistics about the subject so that you have proof of what you want to say. Since many states have certain laws about this subject, it may be a good idea to include this into your essay. This type of information gives reliability to your essay as well.
- The process of writing an essay doesn’t change no matter what you are writing about. You still need the following:
- An introduction – The introduction includes the topic sentence as well as another sentence that tries to get your audience interested in what they are going to read. This is called a “hook” sentence. You should try to set up your essay so your reader won’t go into it being bored.
- The body is the section of your essay that helps to prove your topic sentence. It has at least three main ideas. You will try to have a paragraph for each idea and then a couple of sentences to support that idea. Remember that each main idea is proving your topic sentence.
- Your conclusion is the final piece of the essay. The conclusion restates your thesis sentence and summarizes what you said in your essay. The conclusion also tries to give the reader something to think about as well. Give the reader something to take away from your essay.
As with any essay, if you follow a certain process when creating an essay you will get better and better. Try to write your essay with your audience in mind and give them something to think about and remember. You want your reader to believe what you are saying and if you include actual facts and statistics you will add credibility to your work. Try to do this as much as possible and follow the process and you will be creating great essays in no time.